Pursue Full And Fair Compensation For Mesothelioma
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma or lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos, you need an experienced asbestos attorney immediately. Mesothelioma is a unique form of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos that can take many years, sometimes 40 or more, until symptoms of mesothelioma or asbestos-related lung cancer begin to appear.
Many people diagnosed with mesothelioma mistakenly believe there is nothing they can do to seek compensation from negligent companies because of a statute of limitations, or the long period of time that passed between the initial exposure to asbestos and the formal medical diagnosis of mesothelioma. For those affected by this tragic disease, the justice system understands the late onset of symptoms and is structured to ensure that victims of mesothelioma and asbestos-related lung cancer and their families obtain the maximum compensation they deserve due to the wrongful exposure to asbestos.
At VanNess & VanNess, P.A., we are the mesothelioma resource for our central Florida friends and neighbors. We apply successful strategies involving our deep ties with the community spanning six generations in Florida, and we use the vast knowledge our team of attorneys has gained over more than 100 years of combined local, state and national experience. We are strong, yet compassionate advocates for our clients and their families. If you or a loved one was exposed to asbestos and now faces the devastating disease of mesothelioma, contact VanNess & VanNess, P.A., today. Our team of highly qualified attorneys will provide you with the personalized attention that is the backbone of our practice, sound advice gained through years of experience and strategic legal representation in the field of asbestos law.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, our highly qualified, caring attorneys will assist you with your legal claim. We will refer you to the best teams of professionals to address your medical needs if necessary. No matter what questions you have, VanNess & VanNess, P.A., will provide answers.
An overview of the process to receive full and fair compensation for mesothelioma and asbestos-related lung cancer is found below:
- Determining the companies responsible: Mesothelioma results from exposure to asbestos that usually occurs through work-related contact to the material. The tragic reality is that most companies that caused their employees to be exposed to asbestos knew about the dangers, but continued to expose their employees anyway. These companies must be held responsible for the negligence they committed. Our attorneys will meet with you to reconstruct the details of your asbestos exposure and to determine all companies and parties that acted negligently. When our team of attorneys demonstrates there is a reasonable chance of a successful outcome, we will represent you and move forward to initiate the legal process.
- Securing the evidence: Due to the length of time between exposure to asbestos and a diagnosis of mesothelioma, it is urgent that you contact our office immediately after learning you or a loved one has contracted the disease. The attorneys at VanNess & VanNess, P.A., must uncover all necessary evidence related to your case and take legal action to protect that evidence for settlement and/or trial purposes.
- Filing a lawsuit: We will act rapidly to file a lawsuit against the manufacturers, distributors, installers and suppliers of asbestos-containing products. VanNess & VanNess, P.A., will conduct a detailed investigation of your work history, identify every liable asbestos company and aggressively pursue your legal claim to achieve maximum compensation and the results you deserve.
- Settlement negotiations: Once your lawsuit is filed, some companies will negotiate appropriate settlement offers to avoid the costs and delays involved with complex litigation. Our attorneys will discuss these offers with you and advise if a company’s settlement offer corresponds with its liability. After all, the companies knew that asbestos could cause cancer, yet they withheld that information from employees. They must be held accountable for their negligent actions. Sound legal advice is critical at this stage, and our attorneys have the knowledge to assist you in making the right decisions.
- Litigation: If a company does not make a reasonable settlement offer to adequately compensate our client, our team of attorneys will not hesitate to go to trial. The attorneys at VanNess & VanNess, P.A., are highly qualified to fight for you, and they will obtain the compensation you and your loved ones deserve. If your case goes to trial, our lawyers are by your side every step of the way — explaining the process, preparing you for the proceedings and obtaining the maximum compensation allowable under the law. The team of attorneys at VanNess & VanNess, P.A., remains successful in obtaining multimillion-dollar verdicts on behalf of their clients and their loving families. You deserve the best — a firm that is recommended over and over by mesothelioma victims and their families.
The Statute Of Limitations
You may know that a statute of limitations is a law that prohibits claims from being filed after a specific period of time has passed. Often, the statute of limitations begins running from the time of an initial incident that caused an illness or injury. Since there is such a lengthy dormancy period between initial asbestos exposure and the surfacing of mesothelioma and its symptoms (up to 60 years), many mesothelioma victims inaccurately believe they are ineligible to pursue a claim for negligence. In mesothelioma cases, however, the statute of limitations begins when a victim is diagnosed with the disease, not the date of the asbestos exposure. Contact our office immediately after receiving a mesothelioma or asbestos-related lung cancer diagnosis to discuss and pursue your claim against the negligent parties. Don’t delay — call VanNess & VanNess, P.A., toll free today at 866-697-6221.
Exposed To Asbestos? Contact The Legal Team At VanNess & VanNess, P.A.
It is important to talk with an attorney immediately to discuss your rights and preserve existing evidence so you can maximize the potential for compensation. If you’ve been diagnosed with mesothelioma or asbestos-caused lung cancer, we ask you to call us today at 352-436-4333 (866-697-6221 toll free) or contact us online.